Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reflection #6

Over spring break, I got to spend a day in Disneyland--my very first time to visit! It was so much fun to explore the park and experience all sorts of rides and things I had heard about but never had the chance to experience myself.

While I waited in line for a certain ride, I noticed a group being led by a tour guide. The interesting thing about this group is that the tour guide had a wireless microphone attached to her hat and each person in her group wore headphones. I thought it was great, because people were able to look around the park without straining to hear what the tour guide was saying.

This reminded me of when I took Special Needs in Education last semester. We had a boy come in to visit our class who has a cochlear implant. The boy and his parents explained to us how his teacher uses a microphone that connects to a set of headphones the boy can use in class. One of the graduates who visited our class also mentioned something about a microphone and speakers used in her classroom. I think this technology is a great addition to the classroom, especially for students who are hard of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment